Ok what I am about to say are my initial reactions and thoughts in bullet point form, to what was occurring in front of me during my viewing experience… Now I have calmed down a couple days later after Miguel’s GREAT HULKAMANIACS move…lol
I thought the awards on a whole were TERRIBLE.!! in terms of certain performances… Now let me begin…
1. Bruno Mars opened the show with that funky ass track Treasure… which was probably the best performance of the night excluding Mr ICON himself… His vocals are always on point in my opinion and the band were really going for the Jacksons with the moves… on the breakdown.. very nice opener
2. I like the dude but why does Ed Sheeran always have to look like he’s homeless……??? WHY???
3. PSY, Pitbull, Flo Rida,…..???? Best rap artist…??? (Im lost)
4. Wow Chris Brown’s opening.??
Voice was a COMPLETE mess through out all of it, right from opening note after silhouette behind screen at the start.
How are you walking around with mic down on lead parts and then trying to come in on parts you have no business coming in on, and not hit the parts.
further more what on earth is the track doing underneath anyway, why bother to even try and sing if you smoked out and your voice ain’t happening?? NO JUST NO…!! Liked the martial arts sequence though even though it was not linked to the rest of the performance very well dramatically.
Don’t think I’m enjoying the bike Mike (Micheal Jackson) bitting so much anymore with the female guitarist solo like Slice and the silhouettes. As a whole. Nah!! This performance would NOT of been a Jacko Co-sign AT ALL.. Nonsense, respect your artistry and sort that ish out….
5. Thrift shop rapper needs to calm down and slow his damn raps down and hear the flippin timing of the track (shake my head) nuff said about that
6. Tracy Morgan was upsetting me with his presenting too, jokes weren’t hitting really. very stiff
7. Liked Kid Rocks down low dig at Breezy sayin shout out to all the miming and singing over the vocals on a track.. LOL
8. Taylor Swift gives me a rash. But good to see the jabbawockeez even if its with her
9. Madonna look arrrr-ight. Been training as we see.. well played Maj :)
10. Justin Biebers performance was nice. Ain’t gonna lie I quite liked it but didnt understand the capsule at the end for no reason, just heard heavy breathing as the mic was not turned down when he finished
11. Pitbull’s fist and body pumping nearly made me choke on my food laughing, and the way how they brought homie from A-ha on was a very corny, could of done it a lot better, with using the back drop of the video etc.
12. Oh myyyy dayyysssss…. Miguel, MIGUEL MIGUELLLL… That hulkamaniacs leg drop was GANGSTA..!!! and nobody said nothing, hugged the wrong girl after nearly exploding her head and Tracey didn’t say nowt either afterwards. But WHAT was going through his head moments before he took that great Chariots Of Fire Run Up..???
13. Liked Ed’s performance even if he still looks homeless
14. Piss owwff Lopez what kinda tune is that… Best part is the drum rolls. Was only cool when she was with Puff as I keep saying..
15. EDM.. Is that what they are calling house now eh.?? Only in a America (Shake my head)
16. Bieber nearly tripped and buss his head on the first step, in his and Will I am’s performance… The mike levels were WACK. Bieber louder than anything… and Will quiet so you couldn’t hear him
The mics have been rubbish all night a lot of heavy breathing after performances.. Turn the ISH off afterwards damn….
17. Love Guetta but give me a break with the damn pioneer decks and stop lying to my life, putting on head phones like you in the mix adjusting the pitch like you blending two tunes, and pressing cue buttons on one tune yeah??!! Tttccceeewww (kiss my teeth)
18. Bieber was gettin crazy boooss for wining that Milestone award. (No idea what that award is though) Bless the little yout for standing there quiet waiting for them to finish.. Lol like him a lot more…!! Felt bad for him though..
19. Minaj and Lil Wayne time… WOW
Firstly I wanted more of the scare face intro at the start, and errrmm
Its one thing to do this at the black shows like B.E.T, but at the cross over mainstream shows like the Billboards, where you’re reppin for the black people to white america and families at that..?? Oh my lawd..!!! Someone needs to explain to me what the hell that was about with the lap dance… (shocking and unacceptable)
20. Now lets discuss the ICON AWARD, and Prince ending the show.
firstLY PRINCE Should of had that from timeeeeeee… (my cousin) rockin an afro like that too LOL (BADMAN)
Guitar changes like they were costumes changes off stage, and the setup of the guitar pedals in a semi circle looked wicked… Rocking the all female band as always.. That’s the type of ish I’m on…
I personally wanted more though, like him jumping on the drums and tearing it up, or starting the set with Sexy MF or something like that, but thats Prince… you cant tell him nothing and he can do what the hell he likes… LOVE THAT GUY..!!!